Weight Management Specialists Q&A
To shed the extra pounds and keep it off for the long term by adopting a healthy lifestyle, engaging in physical activity, getting enough sleep, and reducing stress. If you are looking for a trusted and established medical weight management program, come to REVAMP Wellness Center for Men in Jacksonville, FL! Our weight management specialists can create a custom-tailored program to meet your unique needs. For more information, call us or schedule an appointment online.
Table of Contents:
Weight management is an important part of life, especially as you get older. Losing weight and keeping it off will give you a healthy life with a few added years. Finding a program that works for you can be a daunting task. Finding someone who can help set up the right program for you can make all the difference.
There are five good strategies for getting to a successful weight and keeping it.
1. Commit – make the decision to lose weight. You must recognize that losing weight means that you will have to change your lifestyle to make it a success. This is a big commitment. It may help to write down why you want to lose weight or make a contract with yourself. This gives you something tangible to help you remind yourself of your goals.
2. Take stock of current habits – understand your current place, how you eat, why you eat, what you do and don’t do. These are important in understanding what needs to change. It is also important to start looking at how these will be impacted by your change in lifestyle.
3. Set pragmatic goals – setting goals makes it easier for you to make a plan to get to your goals and ideal weight. Simply trying to lose weight can be far too broad. Focus on specifics that will get you to your goal. “I will go for a 30-minute walk three times a week.” “I will eat a salad at dinner every day.” Unrealistic or vague goals can easily become discouraging.
4. Find Support – have some friends or family who will check on you and will support the changes you are making. Knowing that someone is there to help you through this can make a huge difference.
5. Learn how to self-monitor – you will need to learn how to identify and monitor your habits. You will start to see how your change in habits changes your body. Learning to recognize how this positive change is affecting you will help you continue and be successful.
There are a number of things that are recommended for weight management. The first and probably the most important is to properly diet. Nutrition and proper food intake play such an important role in weight loss. People that eat a proper diet are more likely to lose weight and keep it off.
Plan your meals. This means being conscious of what you are eating and when you are eating. These play a big factor in weight management. To make this easier, it is good to get cookbooks for the kind of healthy food you want to eat.
Monitor yourself and how you are doing. Find someone to hold you accountable like friends or family, maybe even a support group or doctor.
Make your goals long-term goals. That way you can make adjustments to your lifestyle that work. You will identify new things that need to be changed over time and giving yourself the time to do it will make it all the more successful.
There are three principles that come in very handy for weight management. Keeping it simple can often make it more successful. The principles are fairly well known and you probably have heard them before, the first two, at least. The first is to cut down the calories. You need to consume less calories than your body needs to function in order to lose weight. Second, get exercise. Exercise increases the calories burned, increases muscle that burns more calories and allows for added success. The third may not be so obvious; get needed rest. Sleep is important and so is taking a day off to recuperate. When you feel rested, you find more mental and physical energy to go after your goal. It also gives you the energy to exercise a little harder and that makes it even more successful.
Weight management is about getting to and keeping a healthy weight. Managing your weight is very important because it keeps you healthy. More and more science is showing that being overweight or obese contributes to a large number of illnesses and diseases. This includes a number of cancers that are directly attributed to obesity. Getting to and maintaining a healthy weight will make all of your life better and easier. We serve patients from Jacksonville FL, Paxon FL, Arlington FL, Riverside FL, Lakeshore FL, and Crystal Springs FL.